not working in Orchard 1.7

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:38 AM
As many other modules, Pretty Gallery is not working with the latest Orchard 1.7
Is there going to be an new version? (please!!!!)
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Yes, an update will be released soon.
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Just released an updated version of PrettyGallery 1.0.1 that works with Orchard 1.7
Sep 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Unfortunately it appears that it is still behaving as the last version. Although I installed the latest version, I still cannot enable it or use it with Orchard 1.7
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM
The fix was in the updated prettyPhoto.js file, so probably you are still running the cached version of this script. Please try cleaning browser cache, or use Ctrl+F5 on that page (if you are on Windows) to force fetching the latest version of that javascript file.
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Also, could you please describe your problem in more details. I assumed that you could not get a light box slideshow popup by clicking on an image on the gallery page. Before this fix, clicking an image in gallery would simply open that file in browser window.
But maybe you had a different problem?
Sep 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I cannot enable the module at all under Orchard 1.7 It is just the text (the same as with version 1.0.0 with orchard 1.7)

Pretty Gallery
Media galleries and slide shows.
Depends on:
Coordinator
Sep 28, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Hmm, then it is probably some infrastructure or environment problem... Especially, since you say it happens for other modules as well on your instance. I once observed similar behavior with other modules, but don't remember exactly how I fixed it. Maybe re-installed Orchard.
Do you have a clean install of Orchard 1.7? Or have you upgraded from a previous version?
PrettyGallery works fine for me on a clean install of 1.7 and could enable it even both versions -- 1.0.0 and 1.0.1
Sep 28, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I have a clean 1.7 installation with MySQL. Although I can install prettygallery from orchard gallery, I cannot enable it since such option (i.e. enable/disable) are not shown. I hope I can avoid reinstalling everything.....
Sep 30, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Edited Sep 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I have the same problem as @nmichalo there is no enable/disable option

(I am running a clean install of Orchard 1.7 with SQL Server)
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Can you switch to the list mode on the Modules/Features page (icon to switch is in the right top corner above the features). If there is any problem, it should be displayed in this mode. E.g. if there is some dependency module that is missing (which also causes enable link to disappear), the error message will be displayed in red.

Also, if could you please check logs in the App_Data\Logs folder, and see if there is something related to the problem.
Oct 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM
List Mode:
Pretty Gallery
Media galleries and slide shows.
Depends on:
Missing: Orchard.Media

So it seems that orchard.media module is missing? perhaps it is the obsolete one?
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Well, it is placed into Modules.Obsolete folder in Orchard source distribution, but still present in source distribution. I haven't tried bin distribution for awhile, maybe Orchard.Media was removed from there completely...

Checked Orchard gallery in a hope that this module might still be available there, but it is not..

I will check how to get rid of this dependency in Pretty Gallery, but meanwhile you could take this module from source distribution and copy to your Orchard instance.
If you like, I can send you a zip with an Orchard.Media from my machine.
Oct 3, 2013 at 6:56 AM
can you put the zip file in the download section? I am not sure if it will work, I compiled with Vs2012 and copy to the module folder, but the system collapsed. I think there must be work in the web.config?
if you can get rid of the dependency, that will be first image gallary module which fits version 1.7+
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Just to confirm that I got the same error (Missing: Orchard.Media) I'll also try and get a copy from source distribution
Oct 4, 2013 at 4:03 PM
OK! I uploaded the Orchard.Media folder from the source code to my server and now it works like a charm! thank you!!!!
Oct 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM
what version do you use? for 1.7.1, after copying the media folder and install prettygallery, the following error occurs:
None of the constructors found with 'Orchard.Environment.AutofacUtil.DynamicProxy2.ConstructorFinderWrapper' on type 'PrettyGallery.Services.PrettyGalleryService' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'Orchard.Media.Services.IMediaService mediaService' of constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Media.Services.IMediaService, Orchard.FileSystems.Media.IStorageProvider, Orchard.IOrchardServices)'.
Oct 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I used 1.7, I had installed (although it didn't worked) the Pretty Gallery module before copying Orchard.Media folder though.
Feb 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM
This Module is dependent on Orchard.Media and if anyone copy's Orchard.Media form the source it KILL'S Orchard Media Pickers ability to work outside of Admin. Lets say you want to add Media Picker to a Content Type, you will not get it to work. Bootstrap Themes mainly PJS.Bootstrap 3.0.3 will not display blog post images at all, and other many major drawbacks to adding Orchard.Media to Orchard 1.7.2. Rebuilt your module to work with the new Media Module or trash it cause its a pain in the a.... with 1.7+